Kick Up The Fun Factor

It's Wednesday- which means it's painting day. Do you still have those paints from the Frida Kahlo post? When I first used my acrylics, which I hadn't used for years, I approached it like water colours. I discovered I used far too much water. Once I had a few tries, I became much better at it and what happens as soon as you practice and get better at things? The fun factor kicks up a few notches immediately.

Then I started searching for acrylic paint techniques and found the 'Aluminium Technique'. This won't work at all with watercolour, you'll need the thicker acrylics.


 I am going to sit outside on this glorious Autumn day and have fun with my paints. If you don't have acrylics, don't worry, enjoy the video anyway and draw the picture with anything which you have available, your pencils, crayons, oil pastels, chalk.

Have you ever notices the fabulous names of colours?


The colour of my front door is called 'Zinzan', so I always say 'Hello Hamish' when I step through my front door.

I'm not sure that I would use a colour called 'Havoc" on my front door. Sounds like bad karma to me.

When I grow up, I want to be a paint namer. What a fantastic job.

For your journal part today, YOU get to be a Paint Namer. Line up your pencils/ paints/ crayons in rainbow order, make a sample of each colour in your journal and re-name them. The only limitation is: you cannot use the colour names themselves, so 'green' for example, has to become, 'Fresh Feet Feel' or whatever, not 'dark green'. Kick up the fun factor!

Speaking of fun factor; Baxter has been working on a geometry project. It is so much fun that he will teach it to all of us once we are back in class.




Also lots of reading happening, don't you just love curling up in your favourite spot in the afternoon sun? Life as a pussycat- I could get used to that!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Magic of Connections and a Quizz

We Are Going On A Bear Hunt and We're Not Scared!

The Comfort of Good Food