Keep Rocking

Hey Class 4- how are you doing? I hope you will keep your vocal chords in great condition during this lock down. I have been preparing a couple of really cool new songs for our singing and recorder. And I've been listening to TONS of music. 

The song I have at the moment on repeat is by Alicia Keys and is called Underdog






Alicia is such a GREAT example of how music keeps this world alive. 

I have been practicing Underdog for about a week now. Not for school, just for my own fun. Some people pick up melodies so quickly, but it takes me WEEKS of practicing before it really becomes part of me. Alicia makes it sound so easy, most artist do, but it is actually a really hard song, especially the oowoohoo bits. I'll never sound anywhere as awesome as Alicia, but just practicing alongside her is a tonic for feeling good.

What song do you listen to a lot at the moment? Write about it in your journal. What do you like about it , how does it make you feel? Do you sing along, do you know the lyrics by heart? Can you write the lyrics out?

If you do not know of a particular song, go and find one. I listen to a LOT of music before one really goes to my heart and I put effort in to really learn it.

If you are lucky and you live in a house with lots of live music (Nimai, River, Zen, I can just about hear you jamming!) you can learn a new song with them. I often learn a song by finding a You Tube karaoke before I can sing it by myself and use my guitar. And you all play an instrument (Ivy and Tunui even several) so go ahead and have fun, learn at least one new song really well this lock down. We could do a welcome back concert with all these new songs.

If you think learning new things is hard- yes, but it is so worth it. Look at this gorgeous Dad in Ireland:

It's a long video of 10 minutes but totally worth it.

Meanwhile, keep the pictures of you in lock down coming, I so enjoy seeing you all in your own bubbles.

Xanthe working on Frida Kahlo

Hello Nadia and monkeys!

CLASS 4, YOU ROCK. I'll go back to my guitar now. See you all tomorrow!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Magic of Connections and a Quizz

We Are Going On A Bear Hunt and We're Not Scared!

The Comfort of Good Food