Please Welcome Today's Special Guest....

It's Thursday today, which means handworkday. Janice asked if she could be part of this log and 'speak' to you- here she is:


A Handwork Project for Home

Kia ora dear Class 4,

I hope you are all happy and well, and able to make the most of this opportunity for some special time together. You are all in my thoughts and I miss seeing you and enjoying the wonderful handwork that you do.
While some of you may already be making things at home others may be finding the lack of resources or inspiration to be standing in the way of doing something.  I would like to share with you a simple project to help fire your creativity and resourcefulness, and keep those fingers nimble and great ideas flowing. So, may I introduce to you..

Stick Weaving

If you have never tried stick weaving before you will find it is relatively easy to find materials around home or in your local area when out walking or biking. Remember that Mother Earth is such a great provider for natural resources which are ideal to use for this project if you are a little lean on woollen or cotton yarn at home.
You can try the simple natural way ..          or the trickier way if you have the resources ..



                                         



Janice LOVES hearing from you: janiceb@ch.steiner.school.nz You can send her an email anytime, she will get back to you on our usual handwork days Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Your journal activity today will be about self care. You should never ever underestimate the power of a bit of  nourishing your body- it goes straight to the inside of your soul and you feel so much better!

Our body parts speak to us all the time. Most of the time, we rush so much about our own lives that we don't really listen to them. My feet know that I need to stop and look after myself before I realise it. They get freezing cold, no matter what the temperature is, how many socks I put on or how much exercise I do. I can get quite irritated with my feet, what a nuisance feeling so cold, just let me get on with it. But when I stop and listen and feel- hey, my feet are really cold today, what are they trying to tell me? Do I need to have an early night tonight? Do I need to have that difficult conversation which I have been avoiding? Have I been glued to my screen today too much and my body needs some attention?

Not everyone's feet are as talkative as mine. Other people have heads which get big headaches to tell them to stop or tummies which get suddenly very sore or their skin starts to show rashes.

Which of your body parts tries to get your attention?

Today's task is to make yourself a nice footbath and write the process in your journal. You can use bullet point for clarity, but also add one juicy sentence at the top or the bottom (or both) to make it interesting for the reader.You'll need to list the items you need such as a bowl, a towel, relaxing back ground music, warm water etc as well as what you'll put into your foot bath. Also think after care: I love lathering my feet with a nice oil or body butter.


Relaxing Footbath - Dr Morris

There are so many home remedies for a great footbath. Lavender from the garden, the last rose petals, epsom salts, a few drops of essential oils. I give you here a few ideas. If you don't have the ingredients at home, phone Sari, she is an expert in delicious self care product and how to apply them.

Relaxing Footbath

  • 3/4 cup Epsom Salt
  • 1/4 cup Baking Soda
  • 1/8 cup dried lavender
  • 1/8 cup dried chamomile

For painful feet

  • 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
For Smelly Feet
  • Add strong black tea to your water.

You will feel really good after a nice footbath, I promise. Maybe over the next days, offer a foot bath to the other members of your Team Lock Down with a foot massage included.

BLISS 💖💖💖


As a little treat today, a little glimpse of Milo and Ivy- fantastic work going on in those bubbles!







    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    The Magic of Connections and a Quizz

    We Are Going On A Bear Hunt and We're Not Scared!

    The Comfort of Good Food