See Ya Later Alligator

YASSSS! Two more sleeps and we are a big step back to 'Normal'.

Normal isn't always sounding great, normal can bring up the sense of a bit uninteresting and unadventurous. Dreary even. But as we have just again experienced, 'normal' is also rhythm, predictability, security. I look at normality as a strong framework, a container which makes you feel strong and safe. And the stronger and safer you feel in life, the more adventurous you can bounce into it. It's like having strong springs on your trampoline: because you know you will land well, you dare to bounce extra high, with a summer sault into the mix. So bring it on, this normal!


Let's get ready! I'm not going to give you new ideas today, just finish what you started: your book, the Egyptian project, the tiny house. Give it the last finishing touch and have it ready for Thursday morning. If you like, you can read 'Get Ready for Real' again. 

Can't wait to read all your writing!

I was super restless on Monday, so much wanting to know if we would be able to get back together this week and back into my container from which I can sparkle. I used all my restlessness to do a big tidy up in my wardrobe and my kitchen, so I am ready to rock and roll on Thursday. You could read the Marie Kondo post "Sparkle Joy" again if you need some tidy inspo. She also has a Netflix series.


Most importantly for today, make sure you enjoy some sun, some relaxation. Tell your bubble what you really enjoyed this time and what you are sad to let go off, even if you are happy to get back to normality and seeing your friends again. 

See Ya later alligators!


 

Bonus Feature


The Diary of Merlin The Dog in the Tough Times of the Leash.

Lots of excitement in my bubble. It seems to me that the Tough Times of walking on the Leash are coming to an end. I heard the words 'beach' and 'run' and 'soon' all mentioned this afternoon, along with 'back in class', 'seeing the kids' 'riding motorcycles' and 'yoga classes'.

I am happy with the idea of running on the beach again, no leash, lots of seagulls and other dogs to play with. But to be honest: I'm also quite sad. It was good having all my people around me. There was lots of good food, lots of great walks and it all seemed a bit like the world had slowed down and we had time for each other, which was quite nice for a Responsible Dog like me. I heard Zoe booking a flight and I know I won't see her for a loooooooong time and I'm really sad about that.

Zoe got me when I was still a pup. I had been living on the streets and than I got caught and it was really scary and I was in this cage and then Zoe got me and took me home. And when I was just a little dog I did lots of things wrong and I didn't know how to be a Responsible Dog yet, but Zoe didn't mind and she taught me all there is to know to being Responsible. And then she moved houses and she said I couldn't come with her, but that she had a family who would look after me and that one day when she has her own house, I can go and live with her again.

And she was right, the family is quite a good place to be. Except for one thing. I am not allowed on any of the beds, unless Zoe is here. I don't think Angela found out for a long time, but Zoe smuggles me into her bedroom and I jump into the bed. I love a good bed. I bury myself all underneath the duvet with only my nose sticking out. It's bliss, absolute bliss.


This morning I got up, but I forgot that Angela is not supposed to know that I sleep in Zoe's bed, and I forgot to shake off the duvet.



So that's a secret no longer kept. Oh well, at least I made people laugh.

It's been fun hanging out with you here Class 5, I hope to meet you in person one day. Thank you for listening to my stories, it's always good to have someone to talk to.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Magic of Connections and a Quizz

We Are Going On A Bear Hunt and We're Not Scared!

The Comfort of Good Food